Objective: To understand the views of parents about education, careers advice and their aspirations for their children.
A survey of 3,500 parents, conducted through YouGov.
September 2014 – October 2014.
- 64% believe children aren’t being prepared with key skills, such as communication and teamwork
- 57% think the education system is too focused on academia
- 49% say employers care more about work experience than good grades
- 66% think they have don’t have a role to play in advising their children on education and career
- 51% think they don’t have enough experience to give their children advice
- 46% don’t know enough about different careers