Ready to apply? Follow these steps to get started. You have until Friday 31 March 2017 to submit your application.
How to apply
There are two ways in which you can apply:
- Apply online - start your application now and come back to it at any time.
- Complete an application form and send it to us along with your evidence attachments by email.
If you don't hear from us within 48 hours of sending your application, please get in touch.
Plan your answers
Download your practical application planner. The planner will help you to structure and organise your application and contains essential information such as:
- The Awards criteria (the Hallmarks)
- The scoring system
- Useful examples of evidence you can provide.
Before you start
To get the most out of your application, consider the following:
- Which of your training, learning and development initiatives is the most outstanding?
- What is the initiative and what is it meant to achieve?
- How does the initiative encourage training best practice and how does it support the organisation?
- How does the initiative help employees?
- How does the initiative promote your organisation’s commitment to learning and skills development?
Your application is more likely to be successful if you provide supporting evidence for each of the three Hallmarks. Please note that the total evidence per Hallmark must not exceed:
- one attachment per Hallmark
- 2MB and be no more than 500 words per attachment
If you are submitting your application by email, make sure you attach each evidence document (one per Hallmark - 3 attachments max.)
5 Steps to success
Watch the recording of our first webinar held on Tuesday 28 February 2017. Learn the 5 key steps to building a strong entry and follow the Chief Assessor's advice to plan and complete an impactful submission. You can also access this webinar's slides here.
Selecting your evidence
Watch the recording of our second webinar held on Wednesday 08 March 2017 to learn the importance of providing relevant evidence when applying. The Deputy Chief Assessor provided insights into what the assessment team will be looking for in your application. You can also access this webinar's slides here.
If you applied in 2016 and were unsuccessful, the assessors' feedback you received can help you enhance your submission this year. Learn how with this webinar. You can also access the slides here.
If you have applied in 2016, make sure you are aware of the changes to the 2017 application process:
- Adjusted word count in Hallmark 1
- Special commendation for equality, diversity and inclusion
- Revised amount of evidence you can provide at the written stage.