On 22 October 2015, the Council of the City and Guilds of London Institute conferred Fellowship on a number of high-profile figures from industry and education.
Fellowship, as authorised by the Institute’s Royal Charter, were first awarded in 1882 to recognise outstanding professional and personal achievement in sectors and activities relevant to the work of the City and Guilds of London Institute.
Fellows have demonstrated excellence in their field, gained the respect of their peers, and are acclaimed as role models for their profession. Over 1000 Fellowships have been awarded to date since the late nineteenth century.
Fellowship was conferred on the following individuals at Autumn Council:
Honorary Fellowship (HonFCGI):
- Mr Peter McKee, Treasurer of City and Guilds of London Institute
Fellowship by Invitation of Council (FCGI):
- Mr George Clarke, architect and presenter
- Professor Alice Gast, President, Imperial College London
- Baroness Martha Lane Fox CBE, entrepreneur
- Mr Graham Bann, Former Executive Director, Talent and Skills, Business in the Community
- Mr David Behan CBE, CEO, Care Quality Commission
- Mr Ian Billyard, Principal, Leeds College of Building/ Councillor of the City and Guilds of London Institute
- Dr Robert Easton, Managing Director, Carlyle Europe Technology Partners
- Ms Stella Mbubaegbu CBE, Principal, Highbury College Portsmouth
- Mr Stewart Segal, CEO, AELP, Councillor of the City and Guilds of London Institute
- Mr Kevin Wellman, CEO, Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering
The next round of Fellowships will be announced on 3 March 2016.