We work with governments across the globe to address their countries’ specific skills needs.
Skilled workforces contribute to the global economy: lowering unemployment and empowering businesses to succeed. By working with governments to identify their skills needs, we can then work in partnership with them to develop and deliver the right skills development solutions.
What we offer governments
Our businesses offer a range of bespoke solutions for governments. These include:
- Labour market intelligence
- Defining occupational standards
- Quality assurance
- Qualification development
- Assessment design and management
- Qualification delivery
We work with businesses across the globe, from all sectors. Our aim is to meet the needs of businesses, providing products and services to develop their current and future workforce. By doing so, we empower them to succeed in the global marketplace.
What we offer businesses
Our range of learning products and services for businesses includes:
- Researching and developing products and services
- Providing apprenticeships, accreditation services and elearning platforms
- Offering bespoke elearning programmes to help businesses develop their employees on the job
- Offering leadership and management development – either through providing qualifications, or through executive-level coaching.
Our City & Guilds and ILM qualifications and assessments are delivered through education centres – which comprise of training providers and further education colleges.
Our training products and services are also delivered through over 10,000 approved City & Guilds centres across the globe.
What we offer education centres
We offer over 5000 qualifications across 28 industries.
We provide comprehensive support and expertise to centres delivering our training products and services. Our aim is to help centres manage large volumes of learners effectively and efficiently, allowing centres to do business quicker and focus on learners.
In addition, we support some centres further, by providing consultancy and guidance.
We have created a £2.5m New Venture Fund which will invest an initial £2.5m in post-revenue companies and entrepreneurs, to accelerate the growth of innovative education and training.
The Fund will seek to support innovation in the way skills education is delivered today, and providing funding in return for an equity stake. Recipients will also benefit from the City & Guilds Group's expertise and resources to help ideas get off the ground.
Find out more about the New Venture Fund.
We currently have one joint venture – between City & Guilds and Manipal Global Education Services, a major education provider in India. The resulting agreement is City & Guilds Manipal which, since 2009, has been helping people to access work-related training in India.
City & Guilds brings its deep understanding of vocational education across the world; whilst Manipal Global Education Services provide the local expertise across HR, finance and legal.
Success through working together
According to data from the National Skills Development Council in India, the government wants to upskill 150 million people by 2022. By joining resources, City & Guilds Manipal is able to commit to a large scale training programme, helping the government towards these vast targets.
Our businesses enter into strategic partnerships with organisations which share our goals and which set up initiatives which will drive us towards achieving our purpose.
Examples of our strategic partnerships, include our work with:
- Business in the Community – together we are working on initiatives to help young people get into the workplace and to inspire businesses to support them, such as through work experience.
- MyKindaFuture – together we help bring employers and schools closer, bridging the gap between education and employment